Model Driven Engineering for Distributed Real-time Embedded Systems
Publication Date: September 2005 Hardback 288 pp.
Model-based development methods, and supporting technologies, can provide the techniques and tools needed to address the dilemma between reducing system development costs and time, and developing increasingly complex systems. The Model Driven Architecture (MDA) initiative of the Object Management Group (OMG) is concerned with the development of standards and technologies that enable and support model-based system development. The aim of this book is to provide the information needed to understand and apply MDE (including MDA) approaches to the development of embedded systems. Chapters, written by experts from academia and industry, cover topics relating to MDE practices and methods, as well as emerging MDE technologies. Much of the writing is based on the presentations given at the Summer School ‘MDE for Embedded Systems’ held at Brest, France, in September 2004.
1. Model Engineering: From Principles to Platforms,
J. Bézevin, F. Jouault, D. Touzet.
2. Model-Driven Development of Distributed Real-time and Embedded Systems,
D.C. Schmidt, K. Balasubramanian, A.S. Krishna, E. Turkay, A. Gokhale. 3. Model Transformation,
4. Modeling Dependability Features,
5. Model-Driven Systems Engineering: SysML & the MDSySE Approach at THALES,
V. Normand, D. Exertier.
6. Maturity of Model-Driven Engineering for Embedded Control Systems from a Mechatronic Perspective,
M. Törngren, O. Larses.
7. Real-Time Components & Contracts,
8. The Think Components-Based Operating System,
J.-C. Tournier, J.-P. Fassino.
9. Model-Driven Schedulability Analysis,
S. Gérard, J.-P. Babau.
10. Performance Analysis based on the UML SPT Profile,
11. Code Generation for Embedded Systems,
D. Björklund, J. Lilius, I. Porres.
12. Model-Driven Architecture for Intensive Embedded Systems,
L. Bondé, P. Boulet, A. Cuccuru, J.-L. Dekeyser, C. Dumoulin, P. Marquet.
13. Spidergon: A NoC Modeling Paradigm,
M. Copolla, R. Locatelli, G. Maruccia, L. Piéralilsi,M.D. Grammatikakis.
About the Authors
Sébastien Gérard is a researcher at CEA LIST ("Comissariat à l'Energie Atomique, Laboratoire d'intégration des Systèmes et des Technologies"). Here he leads the group research on model-based software engineering for RTE systems. He is also strongly involved at OMG with the standardization of the UML2 and all its related extensions for real-time and embedded domains, specially the UML profile called MARTE (Modeling and Analysis of Real-Time and Embedded Systems).
Jean-Philippe Babau is Associate Professor at the INSA of Lyon, France, where he teaches industrial computing, real-time operating systems and real-time and embedded systems development.
Joël Champeau is a researcher at ENSIETA, France, where he is involved in the modeling domain for embedded systems.