ISTE Group is launching "SCIENCES", a new editorial project which concerns the publication of collections of multi-authored titles in the fields of pure and applied sciences, health and humanities.
SCIENCES, iste-sciences.com, is organized into editorial domains, each of which falls into one of the following categories:
An editorial contract binds each member of SCIENCES with ISTE.
Specific royalties are paid according to the categories of members:
- Department Head: on all the works published in his/her field
- Subject Head: on all the works published in his/her theme
- Book Coordinator (s): on their work
(possible sharing of rights with the authors of the book)
- Author copies:
- 5 copies to be divided amongst the coordinator(s) of each book
- an Ebook of the French version to each author
The titles of SCIENCES are published in French and English.
Characteristics of the works:
- they cover the state of the art with a reminder on research and prospects
- all books are multi-authored under the direction of one (or two) coordinator(s)
- authors can be of any nationality
- French-language manuscripts are translated into English by ISTE
- the average page extent is 300 pages (with some exceptions, no page extents
less than 250 pages or more than 400 pages, in this case two volumes would be envisaged)
- manuscripts can be written in Word or LaTeX
Members validate and organize editorial departments.
They find and appoint the Department Heads.
Provisional list of members as of 23/02/2017
Philippe Baptiste, Research Director, Total
Alain Bravo, French Technological Academy
Gilles Pijaudier-Cabot, Université de Pau et des Pays de l’Adour
Jean-Charles Pomerol, Université Pierre et Marie Curie et INSIS/CNRS
Each editorial domain is supervised by a Department Head (two maximum).
– organize the field into subjects to cover the whole department. Avoid subjects that are too specialized and find an editorial balance in the choice of the division of the department;
– contact and name the persons in charge of each subject.
A Subject Head must:
- have a serious editorial motivation
- have a strong desire to disseminate information
- be recognized by their community
- have sufficient availability to organize and define the titles of the books of their subject
The Scientific Committee validates the choice of the Department Heads.
Subject Heads are proposed by the Department Heads.
– Their roles:
- choose the titles of the books in their subject
- validate these titles with the corresponding Department Head
- search for and select the coordinator(s) for each book title
(up to two coordinators per title)
– A Book Coordinators must:
- have a thorough knowledge of the subject
- be recognized by their specific community
They are appointed by the Subject Heads.
- search for and name authors for each title
- define the table of contents of the book with the Subject Head
- ensure the scientific and editorial coherence of the work