second edition - Application to finite elements
Publication Date: February 2008 Hardback 848 pp.
This book provides a comprehensive survey of the different algorithms and data structures useful for triangulation and mesh construction. Additionally, specific important topics are given detailed coverage, such as mesh modification tools, mesh evaluation criteria, mesh optimization, adaptive mesh construction and parallel meshing techniques.
This new edition has been comprehensively updated and also includes a new chapter on mobile or deformable meshes.
1. General definitions.
2. Basic structures and algorithms.
3. A comprehensive survey of mesh generation methods.
4. Algebraic, PDE and multiblock methods.
5. Quadtree-octree-based methods.
6. Advancing-front technique for mesh generation.
7. Delaunay-based mesh generation methods.
8. Other types of mesh generation methods.
9. Delaunay admissibility, media axis and applications.
10. Quadratic forms and metrics.
11. Differential geometry.
12. Curve modeling.
13. Surface modeling.
14. Curve meshing
15. Surface meshing and re-meshing.
16. Meshing implicit curves and surfaces.
17. Mesh modifications.
18. Mesh optimization.
19. Surface mesh optimization.
20. A touch of finite elements.
21. Mesh adaptation and H-methods.
22. Mesh adaptation and P or Hp-methods.
23. Moving or deformable meshing techniques.
24. Parallel computing and meshing issues.
About the Authors
Pascal Frey is Professor at UPMC Paris 6, France.
Paul-Louis George is researcher at INRIA, France.