Stochastic Dynamics of Structures
Mathematical and Mechanical Engineering Set - Volume 2
Publication Date: December 2016 Hardback 350 pp.
This book, which consists of 11 chapters, integrates the latest ideas from research and industry in the field of stochastic dynamic optimization in structural mechanics. These chapters provide an update on the various tools addressing the uncertainties, the stochastic dynamics, reliability and optimization of systems. The optimization-reliability coupling in structural dynamics is discussed in order to take into account the uncertainties in modeling and solving problems that are encountered. Each chapter clearly explains the techniques used and developed, and is accompanied by fully illustrated examples.
The book is a valuable support for both teachers and researchers. It will also prove useful for engineering students, engineers in business and Masters level university students.
1. Introduction to Structural Dynamics.
2. Decoupled Systems.
3. Coupled Systems.
4. Reliability and Meshless Methods in Mechanics.
5. Mechanical Systems with Uncertain Parameters.
6. Modal Synthesis Methods and Stochastic Finite Element Methods.
7. Stochastic Modal Synthesis Methods.
8. Dynamic Response of a Structure with Uncertain Variables to a Given Excitation.
9. Stochastic Frequency Response Function.
10. Modal Synthesis Methods and Reliability Optimization Methods.
11. Stochastic Model of Transmission in a Wind Turbine.
About the Authors
Abdelkhalak El Hami is Full Professor at INSA Rouen, University of Normandy, France. His research interests include optimization, reliability and structural dynamics.
Bouchaib Radi is Full Professor of FST at Hassan Premier University, Settat, Morocco. His research interests include forming, optimization and reliability.