This book examines some of the most recent work relating to the IEEE 802.16/WiMAX system, with particular emphasis being placed on radio resource management and performance analysis. Relaying is also given considerable coverage to reflect its growing importance in this field. Written by a range of contributors from both academic and manufacturer environments, and featuring many simulation results, it brings together different perspectives that will satisfy the reader looking for theoretical analysis and advanced algorithms or searching for their concrete application in the early deployment of WiMAX.
1. Information Theoretic Capacity of WiMAX.
2. WiMAX Network Capacity and Radio Resource Management.
3. WiMAX and End-to-end QoS Support.
4. Coexistence Between 802.16 Systems Operating in Shared Bands.
5. System Level Simulation.
6. Self-organized and Bio-inspired Radio Resource Management for WiMAX.
7. Relaying Techniques for OFDM-MIMO Systems.
8. RRM Strategies in Multihop and Cooperative Transmission.
Emmanuelle Vivier is an Associate Professor at the Institut Supérieur d’Electronique de Paris (ISEP), France.