Konstantinos N. Zafeiris, Democritus University of Thrace, Greece.
Christos H. Skiadas, University of Crete, Greece.
Yiannis Dimotikalis, Hellenic Mediterranean University, Greece.
Alex Karagrigoriou, University of the Aegean, Greece.
Christiana Karagrigoriou-Vonta, Freelance, Greece.
The scientific field of data analysis is constantly expanding due to the rapid growth of the computer industry and the wide applicability of computational and algorithmic techniques, in conjunction with new advances in statistical, stochastic and analytic tools. There is a constant need for new, high-quality publications to cover the recent advances in all fields of science and engineering.
This book is a collective work by a number of leading scientists, computer experts, analysts, engineers, mathematicians, probabilists and statisticians who have been working at the forefront of data analysis and related applications. The chapters of this collaborative work represent a cross-section of current concerns, developments and research interests in the above scientific areas. The collected material has been divided into appropriate sections to provide the reader with both theoretical and applied information on data analysis methods, models and techniques, along with related applications.
1. A Topological Clustering of Variables, Rafik Abdesselam.
2. A New Regression Model for Count Compositions, Roberto Ascari and Sonia Migliorati.
3. Intergenerational Class Mobility in Greece with Evidence from EU-SILC, Glykeria Stamatopoulou, Maria Symeonaki and Catherine Michalopoulou.
4. Capturing School-to-Work Transitions Using Data from the First European Graduate Survey, Maria Symeonaki, Glykeria Stamatopoulou and Dimitris Parsanoglou.
5. A Cluster Analysis Approach for Identifying Precarious Workers, Maria Symeonaki, Glykeria Stamatopoulou and Dimitris Parsanoglou.
6. American Option Pricing Under a Varying Economic Situation Using Semi-Markov Decision Process, Kouki Takada, Marko Dimitrov, Lu Jin and Ying Ni.
7. The Implementation of Hierarchical Classifications and Cochran’s Rule in the Analysis of Social Data, Aggeliki Yfanti and Catherine Michalopoulou.
8. Dynamic Optimization with Tempered Stable Subordinators for Modeling River Hydraulics, Hidekazu Yoshioka and Yumi Yoshioka.
9. Predicting Event Counts in Event-Driven Clinical Trials Accounting for Cure and Ongoing Recruitment, Vladimir Anisimov, Stephen Gormley, Rosalind Baverstock and Cynthia Kineza.
10. Structural Modeling: An Application to the Evaluation of Ecosystem Practices at the Plot Level, Dominique Desbois.
11. Lean Management as an Improvement Factor in Health Services – The Case of Venizeleio General Hospital of Crete, Greece, Eleni Genitsaridi and George Matalliotakis.
12. Motivation and Professional Satisfaction of Medical and Nursing Staff of Primary Health Care Structures (Urban and Regional Health Centers) of the Prefecture of Heraklion, Under the Responsibility of the 7th Ministry, Mihalis Kyriakakis and George Matalliotakis.
13. Developing a Bibliometric Quality Indicator for JournalsApplied to the Field of Dentistry, Pilar Valderrama, Ana M. Aguilera and Mariano J. Valderrama.
14. Statistical Process Monitoring Techniques for Covid-19, Emmanouil-Nektarios Kalligeris and Andreas Makrides.
15. Increase of Retirement Age and Health State of Population in Czechia, Tomas Fiala, Jitka Langhamrova and Jana Vrabcova.
16. A Generalized Mean Under a Non-Regular Framework and Extreme Value Index Estimation, M. Ivette Gomes, Ligia Henriques-Rodrigues and Dinis Pestana.
17. Demography and Policies in V4 Countries, Michaela Kadlecova, Filip Hon and Jitka Lannghamrova.
18. Decomposing Differences in Life Expectancy with and without Disability: The Case of Czechia, David Moravek, Tomas Beloch and Jitka Langhamrova.
19. Assessing the Predictive Ability of Subjective Survival Probabilities, Apostolos Papachristos and Georgia Verropoulou.
20. Exploring Excess Mortality During the Covid-19 Pandemic with Seasonal ARIMA Models, Karl-Heinz Jöckel and Peter Pflaumer.
21. The Impact of Cesarean Section on Neonatal Mortality in Rural–Urban Divisions in a Region of Brazil, Carlos Santos and Neir Paes.
22. Analysis of Alcohol Policy in Czechia: Estimation of Alcohol Policy Scale Compared to EU Countries, Kornélia Svacinova, Markéta Majerova and Jana Vrabcova.
23. Alcohol-Related Mortality and Its Cause-Elimination in Life Tables in Selected European Countries and USA: An International Comparison, Jana Vrabcova, Markéta Majerova Pechholdova and Kornélia Svacinova.
24. Labor Force Aging in the Czech Republic: The Role of Education and Economic Industry, Martina Simkova and Jaroslav Sixta.
Konstantinos N. Zafeiris is Associate Professor of Demography within the Department of History and Ethnology at the Democritus University of Thrace, Greece.
Christos H. Skiadas was the Founder and Director of Data Analysis and Forecasting and Former Vice-Rector at the Technical University of Crete, Greece.
Yiannis Dimotikalis is Assistant Professor of Quantitative Methods within the Department of Management Science and Technology at the Hellenic Mediterranean University, Greece.
Alex Karagrigoriou is Professor of Probability and Statistics, Director of the Laboratory of Statistics and Data Analysis and Actuarial-Financial Mathematics at the University of the Aegean, Greece.
Christiana Karagrigoriou-Vonta is a (socio) linguist, translator and subtitler. She works as a freelance translator and editor of scientific texts and provides postproduction services (subtitling) for private companies and broadcasting corporations.
Table of Contents
PDF File 377 Kb