Konstantinos N. Zafeiris, Democritus University of Thrace, Greece
Christos H. Skiadas, University of Crete, Greece
Yiannis Dimotikalis, Hellenic Mediterranean University, Greece
Alex Karagrigoriou, University of the Aegean, Greece
Christiana Karagrigoriou-Vonta, Freelance, Greece
The scientific field of data analysis is constantly expanding due to the rapid growth of the computer industry and the wide applicability of computational and algorithmic techniques, in conjunction with new advances in statistical, stochastic and analytic tools. There is a constant need for new, high-quality publications to cover the recent advances in all fields of science and engineering.
This book is a collective work by a number of leading scientists, computer experts, analysts, engineers, mathematicians, probabilists and statisticians who have been working at the forefront of data analysis and related applications. The chapters of this collaborative work represent a cross-section of current concerns, developments and research interests in the above scientific areas. The collected material has been divided into appropriate sections to provide the reader with both theoretical and applied information on data analysis methods, models and techniques, along with related applications.
1. Performance of Evaluation of Diagnosis of Various Thyroid Diseases Using Machine Learning Techniques, Burcu Bektas Günes, Evren Bursuk and Rüya Samli.
2. Exploring Chronic Diseases’ Spatial Patterns: Thyroid Cancer in Sicilian Volcanic Areas, Francesca Bitonti and Angelo Mazza.
3. Analysis of Blockchain-based Databases in Web Applications, Orhun Ceng Bozo and Rüya Samli.
4. Optimization and Asymptotic Analysis of Insurance Models, Ekaterina Bulinskaya.
5. Statistical Analysis of Traffic Volume in the 25 de Abril Bridge, Frederico Caeiro, Ayana Mateus and Conceicao Veiga de Almeida.
6. Predicting the Risk of Gestational Diabetes Mellitus through Nearest Neighbor Classification, Louisa Testa, Mark A. Caruana, Maria Kontorinaki and Charles Savona-Ventura.
7. Political Trust in National Institutions: The Significance of Items’ Level of Measurement in the Validation of Constructs, Anastasia Charalampi, Eva Tsouparopoulou, Joanna Tsiganou and Catherine Michalopoulou.
8. The State of the Art in Flexible Regression Models for Univariate Bounded Responses, Agnese Maria Di Brisco, Roberto Ascari, Sonia Migliorati and Andrea Ongaro.
9. Simulation Studies for a Special Mixture Regression Model with Multivariate Responses on the Simplex, Agnese Maria Di Brisco, Roberto Ascari, Sonia Migliorati and Andrea Ongaro.
10. Numerical Studies of Implied Volatility Expansions Under the Gatheral Model, Marko Dimitrov, Mohammed Albuhayri, Ying Ni and Anatoliy Malyarenko.
11. Performance Persistence of Polish Mutual Funds: Mobility Measures, Darusz Filip.
12. Invariant Description for a Batch Version of the UCB Strategy with Unknown Control Horizon, Sergey Garbar.
13. A New Non-monotonic Link Function for Beta Regressions, Gloria Gheno.
14. A Method of Big Data Collection and Normalization for Electronic Engineering Applications, Naveenbalaji Gowthaman and Viranjay M. Srivastava.
15. Stochastic Runge–Kutta Solvers Based on Markov Jump Processes and Applications to Non-autonomous Systems of Differential Equations, Flavius Guias.
16. Interpreting a Topological Measure of Complexity for Decision Boundaries, Alan Hylton, Ian Lim, Michael Moy and Robert Short.
17. The Minimum Renyi’s Pseudodistance Estimators for Generalized Linear Models, Maria Jaenada and Leandro Pardo.
18. Data Analysis based on Entropies and Measures of Divergence, Christos Meselidis, Alex Karagrigoriou and Takis Papaioannou.
19. Geographically Weighted Regression for Official Land Prices and their Temporal Variation in Tokyo, Yuta Kanno and Takayuki Shiohama.
20. Software Cost Estimation Using Machine Learning Algorithms, Sukran Ebren Kara and Rüya Samli.
21. Monte Carlo Accuracy Evaluation of Laser Cutting Machine, Samuel Kosolapov.
22. Using Parameters of Piecewise Approximation by Exponents for Epidemiological Time Series Data Analysis, Samuel Kosolapov.
23. The Correlation Between Oxygen Consumption and Excretion of Carbon Dioxide in the Human Respiratory Cycle, Anatoly Kovalenko, Konstantin Lebedinskii and Verangelina Moloshneva.
24. Approximate Bayesian Inference Using the Mean-Field Distribution, Antonin Della Noce and Paul-Henry Cournède.
25. Pricing Financial Derivatives in the Hull–White Model Using Cubature Methods on Wiener Space, Hossein Nohrouzian, Anatoliy Malyarenko and Ying Ni.
26. Differences in the Structure of Infectious Morbidity of the Population during the First and Second Half of 2020 in St. Petersburg, Vasilii Orel, Olga Nosyreva, Tatiana Buldakova, Natalya Gureva, Viktoria Smirnova, Andrey Kim and Lubov Sharafutdinova.
27. High Speed and Secured Network Connectivity for Higher Education Institutions Using Software Defined Networks, Lincoln S. Peter and Viranjay M. Srivastava.
28. Reliability of a Double Redundant System Under the Full Repair Scenario, Vladimir Rykov and Nika Ivanova.
29. Predicting Changes in Depression Levels Following the European Economic Downturn of 2008, Eleni Serafetindou and Georgia Verropoulou.
Konstantinos N. Zafeiris is Associate Professor of Demography within the Department of History and Ethnology at the Democritus University of Thrace, Greece.
Christos H. Skiadas was the Founder and Director of Data Analysis and Forecasting and Former Vice-Rector at the Technical University of Crete, Greece.
Yiannis Dimotikalis is Assistant Professor of Quantitative Methods within the Department of Management Science and Technology at the Hellenic Mediterranean University, Greece.
Alex Karagrigoriou is Professor of Probability and Statistics, Director of the Laboratory of Statistics and Data Analysis and Actuarial-Financial Mathematics at the University of the Aegean, Greece.
Christiana Karagrigoriou-Vonta is a (socio) linguist, translator and subtitler. She works as a freelance translator and editor of scientific texts and provides postproduction services (subtitling) for private companies and broadcasting corporations.
Table of Contents
PDF File 178 Kb