This book gathers selected papers presented at the Joint CTS-HYCON Workshop on Nonlinear and Hybrid Control, held at Paris Sorbonne University (Paris IV) on 10-12 July 2006. The aim of this workshop was to promote exchanges of ideas and experiences and reinforce scientific contacts on nonlinear and hybrid control, as well as to benefit from pedagogical talks from invited experts: Frank Allgower and Christian Ebenbauer, John Baras, Georges Bastin, Alexandre M. Bayen, Antonio Bicchi, Eduardo Camacho, Bronislaw Jakubczyk, Karl H Johansson, John Lygeros, Henk Nijmeijer, Gauthier Sallet, Shankar Sastry, Arjan van der Schaft, Rodolphe Sepulchre, Andrew Teel and Claire Tomlin. As such, this book contains timely theoretical or/and applied contributions to the analysis and control of nonlinear or/and hybrid systems.
1. Hinf. Control of Stochastic Hybrid Systems Ellipsoidal Output-Feedback Sets for Hinf. Control of a Class of Stochastic Hybrid Systems with State-Dependent Noise.
2. A Contribution to the Study of Periodic Systems in the Behavioral Approach.
3. Iteratively Improving Moving Horizon Observers for Repetitive Processes.
4. Exponential Stability of Dynamic Equations on Time Scales.
5. Jurdjevic-Quinn Conditions and Discontinuous Bounded Damping Control.
6. Smooth Approximations of Single-Input Optimal Orbital Transfer using Continuation and Averaging Techniques.
7. Achieving Stability in Non-holonomic Systems by Means of Switched Control Laws.
8. Stability of Equilibria for Hybrid Models of Genetic Regulatory Networks.
9. Tools for Semiglobal Practical Stability Analysis of Cascaded Systems and Applications.
10. A Rigorous Numerical Algorithm for Controllability.
11. Dead-locks and Break of Symmetry in Robot Coordination.
12. Iterative Nonlinear Model Predictive Control: A Review.
13. Transient Stabilization and Voltage Regulation of a Synchronous Generator.
14. A Current-based Approach to Wave Reflection Suppression in AC Drives Fed through Long Cables.
15. Stabilizability of Affine Switching Systems: A Kalman-like Approach.
16. Observability of Hybrid Automata by Abstraction.
17. New Convenient Formula for Impedance Change Calculation in Non-destructive Testing Problems by Control of Eddy Currents.
18. Dynamic Optimization of Nonlinear Bioreactors.
19. About Stability Analysis for Discrete Time Systems with Time Varying Delays.
20. Real-time Implementation of Rotor Flux and Speed Control of Induction Motors using Online Rotor Resistance and Load Torque Adaptation.
21. The On-line Diagnosis of Time Petri Nets Based on Partial Orders.
22. Optimization Methods for the Sphere Packing Problem on Grassmannians.
23. Analytical Solution of the Problem on a Magnetohydrodynamic Flow in the Initial Part of a Plane Channel in a Transverse Magnetic Field in Oseen Approximation.
24. A Formation Control Algorithm using Voronoi Regions.
25. Output Delay Systems Tracking Using System Centre Approach and Sliding Mode Control.
26. State-Linearization of Positive Nonlinear Systems; Applications to Lotka-Volterra Controlled Dynamics.
27. Energy Transfer via Point Interaction Controls.
28. Further Remarks on Stability Crossing Curves of Distributed Delay Systems.
29. A New Adaptive Controller for Systems with Multilinear Parameterization.
30. Hybrid Model Predictive Control Applied on Sewer Networks: The Barcelona Case Study.
31. Realization Theory of Nonlinear Hybrid Systems.
32. Adaptive Sliding Mode Observer Based Uncertain Chaotic Masking Communication.
33. Navier-Stokes Equation on a Plane Bounded Domain: Continuity Properties for Controllability.
34. Hybrid Predictive Control of a Simulated Chemical Plant.
35. Robust Identification in Nonlinear Dynamic Process Models.
36. Generic Families and Generic Bifurcations of Control-Affine Systems.
37. Sliding Control and Optimization in a Full Bridge Boost Converter.
38. Feedback Stabilization of the Periodic Operation of an Hybrid Chemical Plant.
39. Fast Tracking of Poiseuille Trajectories in Navier Stokes 2D Channel Flow.
40. Some Remarks on Interconnection and Damping Assignment Passivity-Based Control of Mechanical Systems.
Françoise Lamnabhi-Lagarrigue has been a Director of Research at the National Center of Scientific Research (CNRS), France since 1993.
Antonio Loria and Elena Panteley are currently Heads of Research at the French National Center of Scientific Research (CNRS), France.
Salah Laghrouche is a lecturer at the University of Technology at Belfort-Montbéliard, France.
Table of Contents
PDF File 210 Kb