This book is a didactic guide which offers the reader an in-depth understanding of analog automation, as well as the opportunity to quickly learn about the computer-aided feedback control of dynamic processes.
It allows readers to reinforce their skills in analog automation and better understand the world of computer-aided digital feedback controllers by focusing on the relevance of computer-aided digital feedback control technology and on the experimental modeling of dynamic processes. The book also studies computer-aided synthesis and simulation techniques for block diagrams of discrete feedback control loops, as well as modern rapid design tools for optimal PID controllers. Finally, methods for the discretization of dynamic processes are presented.
Didactic Matlab® programs can also be found in this book, which allow the reader to reproduce the numerical and graphical results presented throughout, as well as corrected exercises at the end of each chapter to facilitate understanding.
Part 1. Advanced Elements and Test Bench of Computer-aided Feedback Control
1. Canonical Discrete State Models of Dynamic Processes.
2. Design and Simulation of Digital State Feedback Control Systems.
3. Multimedia Test Bench for Computer-aided Feedback Control.
Part 2. Deterministic and Stochastic Optimal Digital Feedback Control
4. Deterministic Optimal Digital Feedback Control.
5. Stochastic Optimal Digital Feedback Control.
6. Deployed Matlab/GUI Platform for the Design and Virtual Simulation of Stochastic Optimal Control Systems.
Part 3. Remotely Operated Feedback Control Systems via the Internet
7. Elements of Remotely Operated Feedback Control Systems via the Internet.
8. Remotely Operated Automation Laboratory via the Internet.
Appendix 1.Table of z-transforms.
Appendix 2. Matlab Elements Used in this Book.
Appendix 3. Discretization of Transfer Functions.
Jean Mbihi has a PhD in Electrical and Computer Engineering (Ecole Polytechnique de Montréal, Canada), and is Professor and researcher in automation and computer science engineering at ENSET (University of Douala, Cameroon).
Table of Contents
PDF File 106 Kb