This book – comprised of three separate volumes – presents recent developments and research discoveries in structural and solid mechanics; it is dedicated to Professor Isaac Elishakoff. This second volume is devoted to the vibrations of solid and structural members.
Modern Trends in Structural and Solid Mechanics 2 has broad scope, covering topics such as: exact and approximate vibration solutions of rods, beams, membranes, plates and three-dimensional elasticity problems, Bolotin’s dynamic edge effect, the principles of plate theories in dynamics, nano- and microbeams, nonlinear dynamics of shear extensible beams, the vibration and aeroelastic stability behavior of cellular beams, the dynamic response of elastoplastic softening oscillators, the complex dynamics of hysteretic oscillators, bridging waves, and the three-dimensional propagation of waves.
This book is intended for graduate students and researchers in the field of theoretical and applied mechanics.
1. Bolotin’s Dynamic Edge Effect Method Revisited (Review), Igor V. Andrianov and Lelya A. Khajiyeva.
2. On the Principles to Derive Plate Theories, Marcus Aßmus and Holm Altenbach.
3. A Softening–Hardening Nanomechanics Theory for the Static and Dynamic Analyses of Nanorods and Nanobeams: Doublet Mechanics, Ufuk Gul and Metin Aydogdu.
4. Free Vibration of Micro-Beams and Frameworks Using the Dynamic Stiffness Method and Modified Couple Stress Theory, J.R. Banerjee.
5. On the Geometric Nonlinearities in the Dynamics of a Planar Timoshenko Beam, Stefano Lenci and Giuseppe Rega.
6. Statics, Dynamics, Buckling and Aeroelastic Stability of Planar Cellular Beams, Angelo Luongo.
7. Collapse Limit of Structures under Impulsive Loading via Double Impulse Input Transformation, Izuru Takewaki, Kotaro Kojima and Sae Homma.
8. Nonlinear Dynamics and Phenomena in Oscillators with Hysteresis, Fabrizio Vestroni and Paolo Casini.
9. Bridging Waves on a Membrane: An Approach to Preserving Wave Patterns, Peter Wootton and Julius Kaplunov.
10. Dynamic Soil Stiffness of Foundations Supported by Layered Half-Space, Yang Zhou and Wei-Chau Xie.
Noël Challamel is Professor at the University of Southern Brittany, France. He is the co-author of several books and over a hundred journal papers in the field of mechanics and civil engineering and is on the editorial board of numerous international journals. He is also Editor and Head of the “Solid Mechanics and Mechanical Engineering” series published by ISTE-Wiley.
Julius Kaplunov is Professor at Keele University, UK. He is the co-author of over a hundred publications in mechanics, including three books. He is a member of the European Academy of Sciences and sits on the editorial boards of more than ten journals.
Izuru Takewaki is Professor of building structures at Kyoto University, Japan, and is the 56th President of the Architectural Institute of Japan. He is the Field Chief Editor of Frontiers in Built Environment and has published over 200 international journal papers.
Table of Contents
PDF File 128 Kb