This didactic book presents the main elements of acoustics, aeroacoustics and vibrations.
Illustrated with numerous concrete examples linked to solid and fluid continua, Acoustics, Aeroacoustics and Vibrations proposes a selection of applications encountered in the three fields, whether in room acoustics, transport, energy production systems or environmental problems. Theoretical approaches enable us to analyze the different processes in play. Typical results, mostly from numerical simulations, are used to illustrate the main phenomena (fluid acoustics, radiation, diffraction, vibroacoustics, etc.).
1. A Bit of History.
2. Elements of Continuum Mechanics.
3. Small Mathematics Travel Kit.
4. Fluid Acoustics.
5. Radiation, Diffraction, Enclosed Space.
6. Wave Propagation in Elastic Media.
7. Vibrations of Thin Structures.
8. Acoustic Radiation of Thin Plates.
9. Basic Theoretical Aeroacoustics Models.
10. A Few Situations Closer to Reality.
11. Implementation and Usage of Numerical Simulations.
Fabien Anselmet is Professor at Ecole Centrale de Marseille in France. His research focuses on fluid turbulence and its numerous applications in the fields of industry and the environment.
Pierre-Olivier Mattei is a CNRS researcher at LMA in Marseille, France. He leads research activities that aim towards a better understanding of the physics of acoustic radiation and fluid–structure interaction.
Table of Contents
PDF File 50 Kb