The design and development of dyes and chromophores has recently attracted much attention in various research fields such as materials, radiation curing, (laser) imaging, optics, medicine, microelectronics, nanotechnology, etc., and their use is widespread in polymer and materials science.
The authors of this book describe the basic principles and applications of dyes and chromophores within the polymer science and technology area and focus on the role played by these structures for the final properties of the polymer.
They provide a complete overview of the systems encountered and a thorough description of the mechanisms involved, thus providing the reader with all the necessary information in a single book.
The associated fields (optics, electronics, photovoltaics, materials, etc.) are largely emphasized and discussed and recently proposed systems are presented in detail. Up-to-date, promising and exciting developments are also illustrated.
1. Trends in Dye Photosensitized Radical Polymerization Reactions, Jacques Lalevée and Jean-Pierre Fouassier.
2. Sensitization of Cationic Photopolymerizations, James Crivello.
3. Controlled Photopolymerization and Novel Architectures, Sean Doran, Omer Suat Taskin, Mehmet Atilla Tasdelen and Yusuf Yagci.
4. Applied Photochemistry in Dental Materials: From Beginnings to State of the Art, Joachim E. Klee, Maximilian Maier and Christoph P. Fik.
5. Photoinitiated Cross-Linking in OLEDs: An Efficient Tool for Addressing the Solution-Processed Devices Elaboration and Stability Issues, Frédéric Dumur and Didier Gigmes.
6. Polymers as Light-Harvesting Dyes in Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells, Thanh-Tuân Bui, Xavier Sallenave and Fabrice Goubard.
7. NIR-Dyes for Photopolymers and Laser Drying in the Graphic Industry, Bernd Strehmel, Thomas Brömme, Christian Schmitz, Knut Reiner, Steffen Ernst and Dietmar Keil.
8. Dyes and Photopolymers, Yue Qi and John T. Sheridan.
9. Advanced Strategies for Spatially Resolved Surface Design via Photochemical Methods, Anja S. Goldmann, Guillaume Delaittre, Jan O. Mueller and Christopher Barner-Kowollik.
10. Photosynthesized High-Performance Biomaterials, Julien Babinot, Estelle Renard, Valérie Langlois and Davy-Louis Versace.
11. Light-cured Luminescent Coatings for Photovoltaic Devices, Federico Bella, Gianmarco Griffini, Roberta Bongiovanni and Stefano Turri.
12. Polymers with Photoinduced Self-Healing Properties, Julien Poly.
Jacques Lalevée is Professor at Institut de Science des Matériaux de Mulhouse in France.
Jean-Pierre Fouassier was previously Professor at ENSCMu-UHA, Mulhouse, France.
Table of Contents
PDF File 204 Kb