We have now embraced the ‘Digital Age’, in which both our professional and leisure activities involve more and more communication devices, requiring displays of many types to play an increasing role. Within this context, a growing number of display types and sizes have emerged, currently generating a market in excess of $100 billion, which is in the same order of magnitude as that of the semiconductor industry.
Microdisplays, namely displays so small that they require an optical magnification to be seen, have a significant share of this market.
Over the last decade, OLED microdisplays have reached a wide industrial and commercial market and promise to expand further in the digital age, in which they provide unique and unrivalled features for portable and wearable devices in particular.
The authors of this book provide a review of the state of the art on OLED microdisplays. All aspects, from theory to application, are addressed in a comprehensive way: basic principles; display design, fabrication, operation and performance; present and future applications. This is of interest to a wide range of readers, from industry professionals (engineers, project managers etc.) engaged in the field of display development/fabrication, through display end-users (integration in display systems) to academic researchers, university lecturers and students.
Overall, the book aims to offer easy access to OLED microdisplay details for all readers seeking to further their understanding of the subject.
1. OLED: Theory and Principles, Tony Maindron.
2. Overview of OLED Displays, François Templier.
3. OLED Characterization, David Vaufrey.
4. 5-Tools and Methods for Electro-Optic Simulation, Karim Bouzid.
5. Addressing OLED Microdisplays, Philippe Leroy.
6. OLED Microdisplay Fabrication, Christophe Prat, Tony Maindron, Rigo Herold and François Templier.
7. Applications of OLED Microdisplays, Khaled Sarayeddine, Ersun Kartal and François Templier.
8. OLED Microdisplays Present and Future, François Templier and Karim Bouzid.
François Templier works at CEA-LETI in Grenoble, France.
Table of Contents
PDF File 126 Kb