The rushed development of information and communication technologies and their impact on the world of learning in the last decade have profoundly changed the paradigms, scenarios and values at all levels of education.
The professionalization of tools and practices, in addition to the consolidation of academic and practical knowledge, has been a major continuing issue throughout these years. The annual conferences of the largest European professional community in distance and e-learning have been setting the landmarks in this process. The selection from this unique knowledge pool demonstrates the deepening and consolidation of knowledge and experience.
This book presents the developments in the field of open, distance and e-learning, through new technologies, methodologies and tools, which have profoundly changed the paradigms, scenarios and values at all levels of education over the last decade.
Part 1. The development of distance education and e-learning
1. Systems development.
2. Efficiency and effectiveness of distance education and e-learning.
3. Professional development.
4. Socio-cultural issues of distance and e-learning.
Part 2. Teaching and learning environments in the making
5. Pedagogical concepts.
6. Learner needs, styles and identities, perceptions, readiness
7. Course development and instructional design.
8. Collaborative learning and social networking.
9. The world of work - E-Skills and employability.
Table of Contents
PDF File 165 Kb