Of crucial economic and societal importance, process industries transform matter by chemical, physical or biological means. They cover broad fields such as chemistry, oil, pharmacy, metallurgy and agri-food, to name a few.
As a result of knowledge exchange between the academic and industrial worlds, Process Industries 1 decrypts the operations and technical management of these industries in order to formulate and manufacture products with use-value, in a sustainable way.
Using concrete examples, this book presents the fundamentals for defining the reaction and purification conditions that form the basis of chemical engineering. The unit operations – the technological building blocks of the production units – are the subject of scientific and technical descriptions supplemented by numerous videos. Frameworks, written by well-known specialists, provide a deep understanding of topics related to these themes. Process Industries 1 is intended for students, teachers, professionals and decision-makers interested in learning more about these industries.
1. Industries, Businesses and People, Jean-Pierre Dal Pont and Marie Debacq.
2. Earth, Our Habitat: Products by the Millions, the Need for Awareness, Jean-Pierre Dal Pont and Michel Royer.
3. Designing Chemical Products, Willi Meier.
4. Chemical Engineering: Introduction and Fundamentals, Marie Debacq, Alain Gaunand and Céline Houriez.
5. Chemical Engineering: Unit Operations, Marie Debacq.
Jean-Pierre Dal Pont is the president of the Société des Experts Chimistes de France (SECF). Specializing in process industries, he has been an industrial director in the United States and Asia-Pacific for many years.
Marie Debacq is responsible for the AgroParisTech technology platform in France. She was a research lecturer at Cnam (Paris), where her work involved experimental study and modeling of polyphasic reactors.
Table of Contents
PDF File 97 Kb