Combining computer science, mechanics and electronics improves the performance of embedded electronic systems by reducing their weight, volume, energy consumption and manufacturing cost. Mechatronic equipment is increasingly required to extend zero-fault lifetime service.
Embedded Mechatronic Systems 2 presents recent advances made by research laboratories and associated manufacturers in the field of mechatronic systems. This approach makes reliability an integral part of the design process. Providing many detailed examples, this book develops a characterization methodology for flaws in mechatronic systems. Using multi-physical modeling of failures, it analyzes design weaknesses and failure mechanisms. The development of metamodels is also discussed, since this is key to simulating the effects on reliability of conditions of use and manufacture.
This second edition contains a revision of Chapter 6 on metamodel development and two new chapters: one on the probabilistic study and optimization of a solder interconnect, and one on a reliability analysis based on metamodels of chip-scale packages.
1. Highly Accelerated Testing, Philippe Pougnet, Pierre Richard Dahoo and Jean-Loup Alvarez.
2. Aging Power Transistors in Operational Conditions, Pascal Dherbecourt, Olivier Latry, Karine Dehais-Mourgues, Jean-Baptiste Fonder, Cédric Duperrier, Farid Temcamani, Hichame Maanane and Jean-Pierre Sipma.
3. Physical Defects Analysis of Mechatronic Systems, Christian Gautier, Eric Pieraerts and Olivier Latry.
4. Impact of Voids in Interconnection Materials, Pierre Richard Dahoo, Malika Khettab, Christian Chong, Armelle Girard and Philippe Pougnet.
5. Electro-Thermo-Mechanical Modeling, Abderahman Makhloufi, Younes Aoues and Abdelkhalak El Hami.
6. Meta-Model Development, Bouzid Ait-Amir, Philippe Pougnet and Abdelkhalak El Hami.
7. Probabilistic Study and Optimization of a Solder Interconnect, Bouchaib Radi, Nadia Saadoune and Abdelkhalak El Hami.
8. High-Efficiency Architecture for Power Amplifiers, Farid Temcamani, Jean-Baptiste Fonder, Cédric Duperrier and Olivier Latry.
9. Reliability Analysis based on Metamodels of Chip-Scale Packages (CSP), Hamid Hamdani, Abdelkhalak El Hami, Bouchaib Radi.
Abdelkhalak El Hami is Full Professor at INSA-Rouen Normandy in France and is Head of the Mechanical Department. He also leads the Normandy CNAM Chair of Mechanics, as well as several European pedagogical projects.
Philippe Pougnet is a former expert in reliability and product-process-technology at Valeo where he managed the reliability of automotive mechatronic systems. He graduated with a PhD in Solid State Physics from Université Scientifique et Médicale de Grenoble and is an engineer from INPG in France.
Table of Contents
PDF File 210 Kb