The mechanical tests presented in this book are essential for determining the basic properties of the materials used. Areas covered include elasticity, tensile and compression tests, hardness, endurance tests and dynamic tests.
1. Introduction, Dominique François.
2. Constitutive equations, Jean-Louis Chaboche.
3. Measurement of elasticity constants, Pascal Gadaud.
4. Tensile and compression tests, Dominique François.
5. Hardness tests, Sylvie Pommier.
6. Fatigue tests, Henri-Paul Lieurade, Suzanne Degallaix, Gérard Degallaix and Jean-Pierre Gauthier.
7. Impact tests, Jean-Michel Frund.
8. Fracture toughness measurement, Dominique François.
9. Dynamic Tests, Jean-Luc Lataillade
10. Notched axi-symmetric test pieces, Jacques Besson.
Dominique François was a Professor at Ecole Centrale de Paris, France, for more than twenty years.