Rajdeep Chakraborty, Chandigarh University, India.
Anupam Ghosh, Netaji Subhash Engineering College in Kolkata, India.
Jyotsna Kumar Mandal, University of Kalyani, India.
Tanupriya Choudhury, University in Pune, India.
Prasenjit Chatterjee, MCKV Institute of Engineering, India.
This book pioneers the synergy between state-of-the-art edge computing technologies and the power of operations research. It comprehensively explores real-world applications, demonstrating how various operations’ research techniques enhance edge computing’s efficiency, reliability and resource allocation. Innovative solutions for dynamic task scheduling, load balancing and data management, all tailored to the unique challenges of edge environments, are displayed.
Starting with operation research methodologies with foundations, applications and research challenges in edge computing and an overview of digital education, this book continues with an exploration of applications in the health sector using IoT, intelligent payment procedures and performance measurement of edge computing, using edge computing and operation research. Smart or AI-based applications are also explored further on and the book ends with insight into ultra-lightweight and security protocols with solutions for IoT using blockchain.
1. Introduction to Operations Research Methodologies, Trishit Banerjee and Arup Dasgupta.
2. Edge Computing: The Foundation, Emergence and Growing Applications, P.K. Paul.
3. Utilization of Edge Computing in Digital Education: A Conceptual Overview, Ritam Chatterjee.
4. Edge Computing with Operations Research Using IoT Devices in Healthcare: Concepts, Tools, Techniques and Use Cases, Shalini Ramanathan, Mohan Ramasundaram, Tauheed Khan Mohd and Anabel Pineda-Briseno.
5. Performance Measures in Edge Computing Using the Queuing Model, Shillpi Mishrra.
6. A Smart Payment Transaction Procedure by Smart Edge Computing, Animesh Upadhyaya, Koushik Mukhopadhyay, Amejul Islam, Shaon Kalyan Modak and Debdutta Pal.
7. Statistical Learning Approach for the Detection of Abnormalities in Cancer Cells for Finding Indication of Metastasis, Soumen Santra, Dipankar Majumdar and Surajit Mandal.
8. Overcoming the Stigma of Alzheimer’s Disease by Means of Natural Language Processing as well as Blockchain Technologies, Kaveri Banerjee, Priyanka Bhattacharya, Sandip Roy and Rajesh Bose.
9. Computer Vision-based Edge Computing System to Detect Health Informatics for Oral Pre-Cancer, Animesh Upadhyaya, Vertika Rai, Surajit Bose, Dipankar Bhattacharya and Jayanta Chattopadhyay.
10. A Study of Ultra-lightweight Ciphers and Security Protocol for Edge Computing, Debasmita Paul, Aheli Acharya and Debajyoti Guha.
11. A Study on Security Protocols, Threats and Probable Solutions for Internet of Things Using Blockchain, Debajyoti Guha.
Rajdeep Chakraborty is Associate Professor in Computer Science and Engineering at the University Institute of Engineering, Chandigarh University, India.
Anupam Ghosh is Professor of Computer Science and Engineering at Netaji Subhash Engineering College in Kolkata, India, and is Head of the same department.
Jyotsna Kumar Mandal is Professor of Computer Science and Engineering at the University of Kalyani, India.
Tanupriya Choudhury is Professor at Symbiosis Institute of Technology, Lavale Campus of Symbiosis International University in Pune, India.
Prasenjit Chatterjee is Professor of Mechanical Engineering and Dean (Research and Consultancy) at MCKV Institute of Engineering, India.
Table of Contents
PDF File 204 Kb