Convective Heat Transfer
Publication Date: June 2009 Hardback 400 pp.
This book on convective heat transfer phenomena differs in many respects from existing books, particularly from the pedagogical point of view. Each chapter begins with a brief yet complete presentation of the related topic. This is followed by a series of solved problems with a gradual degree of complexity. The book contains nine chapters including convective heat transfer in laminar external and internal flows, wake flows, natural convection in confined and non-confined laminar flows, turbulent internal flows, turbulent boundary layers and free shear flows.
1. Fundamental equations, dimensionless numbers.
2. Laminar fully developed forced convection in ducts.
3. Forced convection in boundary layer flows.
4. Forced convection around obstacles.
5. External natural convection.
6. Internal natural convection.
7. Turbulent convection in internal wall flows.
8. Turbulent convection in external wall flows.
9. Turbulent convection in free shear flows.
About the Authors
Michel Favre-Marinet is Professor Emeritus at Grenoble Institute of Technology, where he taught courses in convective heat transfer for many years. His research activities were focused on turbulence, microfluidics and heat transfer. He has published about 80 papers in journals or at international conferences.
Sedat Tardu is Associate Professor at Joseph Fourier University - Grenoble where he teaches fluid dynamics, turbulence, heat transfer and dynamical systems. His main research areas include wall turbulence in canonical and non-canonical flows, active and passive control of the turbulent drag and microfluidics. He has published about 200 papers in peer-reviewed journals and at international conferences.