Signal and Image Processing for Biometrics
Publication Date: June 2012 Hardback 336 pp.
The aim of this book is to deal with biometrics in terms of signal and image processing methods and algorithms. This will help engineers and students working in digital signal and image processing deal with the implementation of such specific algorithms.
It discusses numerous signal and image processing techniques that are very often used in biometric applications. In particular, algorithms related to hand feature extraction, speech recognition, 2D/3D face biometrics, video surveillance and other interesting approaches are presented. Moreover, in some chapters, Matlab codes are provided so that readers can easily reproduce some basic simulation results.
This book is suitable for final-year undergraduate students, postgraduate students, engineers and researchers in the field of computer engineering and applied digital signal and image processing.
1. Introduction to Biometrics, Bernadette Dorizzi.
2. Introduction to 2D Face Recognition, Amine Nait-Ali and Dalila Cherifi.
3. Facial Soft Biometrics for Person Recognition, Antitza Dantcheva, Christelle Yemdji, Petros Elia and Jean-Luc Dugelay.
4. Modeling, Reconstruction and Tracking for Face Recognition, Catherine Herold, Vincent Despiegel, Stéphane Gentric, Séverine Dubuisson and Isabelle Bloch.
5. 3D Face Recognition, Mohsen Ardabilian, Przemyslaw Szeptycki, Di Huang and Liming Chen.
6. Introduction to Iris Biometrics, Kamel Aloui, Amine Nait-Ali, Régis Fournier and Saber Naceur.
7. Voice Biometrics: Speaker Verification and Identification, Foezur Chowdhury, Sid-Ahmed Selouani and Douglas O’Shaughnessy.
8. Introduction to Hand Biometrics, Régis Fournier and Amine Nait-Ali.
9. Multibiometrics, Romain Giot, Baptiste Hemery, Estelle Cherrier and Christophe Rosenberger.
10. Hidden Biometrics, Amine Nait-Ali, Régis Fournier, Kamel Aloui and Noureddine Belgacem.
11. Performance Evaluation of Biometric Systems, Mohamad El-Abed, Romain Giot, Baptiste Hemery, Julien Mahier and Christophe Rosenberger.
12. Classification Techniques for Biometrics, Amel Bouchemha, Chérif Nait-Hamoud, Amine Nait-Ali and Régis Fournier.
13. Data Cryptography, Islam Naveed and William Puech.
14. Visual Data Protection, Islam Naveed and William Puech.
15. Biometrics in Forensics, Guillaume Galou and Christophe Lambert.
About the Authors
Amine Naït-Ali is Professor at University Paris-Est Créteil in France. His research interests focus on biosignal processing, biometrics, modeling, pattern recognition and multimodal compression. He has edited and co-edited numerous books and co-authored peer-reviewed papers in the bio-engineering field. Currently, he is in charge of a biometric research group and an international Masters program in biometrics.
Régis Fournier is Associate Professor at University Paris-Est Créteil in France. His research interests concern biosignal processing, modeling, stochastic process, multimodal compression and biometrics. He has co-authored national and international peer-reviewed papers in the biomedical engineering field. A member of a biometric research group, he is currently involved in scientific relationships with companies for an international Masters program in biometrics.