Publication Date: April 2008 Hardback 392 pp.
The performance of a company depends both on its technological expertise and its managerial and organizational effectiveness. Production management is an important part of the process for manufacturing firms. The organization of production relies in general on the implementation of a certain number of basic functions, among which the scheduling function plays an essential role. This title presents recently developed methods for resolving scheduling issues. The basic concepts and the methods of production scheduling are introduced and advanced techniques are discussed, providing readers with a comprehensive and accessible guide to employing this process.
1. Statement of Production Scheduling, François Roubellat and Pierre Lopez.
2. Basic Concepts and Methods in Production Scheduling, Patrick Esquirol and Pierre Lopez.
3. Metaheuristics and Scheduling, Marino Widmer, Alain Hertz and Daniel Costa.
4. Genetic Algorithms and Scheduling, Marie-Claude Portmann and Antony Vignier.
5. Constraint Propagation and Scheduling, Patrick Esquirol, Pierre Lopez and Marie-José Huguet.
6. Simulation Approach, Gérard Bel and Jean-Bernard Cavaillé.
7. Cyclic Production Scheduling, Jean-Claude Gentina, Ouajdi Korbaa and Hervé Camus.
8. Hoist Scheduling Problem, Pierre Baptiste, Christelle Bloch, Marie-Ange Manier and Christophe Varnier.
9. Shop Scheduling with Multiple Resources, Jean-Charles Billaut, Jacques Carlier, Emmanuel Néron and Antoine Oliver.
10. Open Shop Scheduling, Christian Prins.
11. Scheduling under Flexible Constraints and Uncertain Data: A Fuzzy Approach, Didier Dubois, Hélène Fargier and Philippe Fortemps.
12. Real-time Workshop Scheduling, Christian Artigues and François Roubellat.
About the Authors
Pierre Lopez is a researcher within the Laboratory for Analysis and Architecture of Systems at the French National Center for Scientific Research (LAAS-CNRS). He is also head of the MOGISA group (Modeling, Optimization and Integrated Management of Systems of Activities).
François Roubellat is also a researcher within LAAS-CNRS. His research is focused on Decision Support Systems for activity scheduling with resource constraints.