Embedded Mechatronic Systems 2
Analysis of Failures, Modeling, Simulation and Optimization
Publication Date: July 2015 Hardback 264 pp.
Mechatronics brings together computer science, mechanics and electronics. It enables us to improve the performances of embedded electronic systems by reducing their weight, volume, energy consumption and cost. These pieces of equipment must operate without failure throughout ever-increasing service lives.
Embedded Mechatronic Systems 2 presents advances in the research and applied industry within the field of mechatronic systems, which integrates reliability into the design process. Providing many detailed examples, this book develops a characterization methodology for faults in mechatronic systems. It analyzes the multi-physical modeling of faults, revealing weaknesses in the design and failure mechanisms. The development of meta-models, enabling us to simulate the effects on the reliability of conditions of use and manufacture, is also detailed.
1. Highly Accelerated Testing, Philippe Pougnet, Pierre Richard Dahoo and Jean-Loup Alvarez.
2. Aging Power Transistors in Operational Conditions, Pascal Dherbecourt, Olivier Latry, Karine Dehais-Mourgues, Jean-Baptiste Fonder, Cédric Duperrier, Farid Temcamani, Hichame Maanane and Jean-Pierre Sipma.
3. Physical Defects Analysis of Mechatronic Systems, Christian Gautier, Eric Pieraerts and Olivier Latry.
4. Impact of Voids in Interconnection Materials, Pierre Richard Dahoo, Malika Khettab, Christian Chong, Armelle Girard and Philippe Pougnet.
5. Electro-Thermo-Mechanical Modeling, Abderahman Makhloufi, Younes Aoues and Abdelkhalak El Hami.
6.Meta-Model Development, Bouzid Ait-Amir, Philippe Pougnet and Abdelkhalak El Hami.
7. Optimizing Reliability of Electronic Systems, Younes Aoues, Abderahman Makhloufi and Abdelkhalak El Hami.
8. High-Efficiency Architecture for Power Amplifiers, Farid Temcamani, Jean-Baptiste Fonder, Cédric Duperrier and Olivier Latry.
About the Authors
Abdelkhalak El Hami is Professor at INSA-Rouen in France and is in charge of the Normandy CNAM chair of mechanics, as well as several European pedagogical projects.
Philippe Pougnet is an expert in reliability and product-process technology at Valeo, and a researcher at Université Scientifique et Médicale de Grenoble and INPG in France. He is in charge of the management of the reliability of mechatronic systems produced on a large scale.