Visual Inspection Technology in the Hard Disk Drive Industry
Publication Date: April 2015 Hardback 316 pp.
Visual Inspection Technology in the Hard Disk Drive Industry gives a presentation of the use of computer vision systems to control manufacturing processes and product quality in the hard disk drive industry.
It is an application-oriented book born out of collaborative research with the world’s leading hard disk drive companies.
It covers the latest developments and important topics in computer vision technology in hard disk drive manufacturing, as well as offering a glimpse of future technologies.
1. Feature Fusion Method for Rapid Corrosion Detection on Pole Tips, Suchart Yammen and Paisarn Muneesawang.
2. Nonlinear Filtering Method for Corrosion Detection on Pole Tips, Paisarn Muneesawang and Suchart Yammen.
3. Micro Defect Detection on Air-bearing Surface, Pichate Kunakornvong and Pitikhate Sooraksa.
4. Automated Optical Inspection for Solder Jet Ball Joint Defects in the Head Gimbal Assembly Process, Jirarat Ieamsaard and Thanapoom Fuangpian.
5. Analysis Methods for Fault Deformation of Solder Bump on the Actuator Arm, Somporn Ruangsinchaiwanich.
6. Artificial Intelligence Techniques for Quality Control of Hard Disk Drive Components, Wimalin Laosiritaworn.
7. Borehole Diameter Inspection for Hard Disk Drive Pivot Arms Using Hough Transform in Panorama Images, Sansanee Auephanwiriyakul, Patison Palee, Orathai Suttijak and Nipon Theera-Umpon.
8. Electrostatic Discharge Inspection Technologies, Nattha Jindapetch, Kittikhun Thongpull, Sayan Plong-Ngooluam and Pornchai Rakpongsiri.
9. Inspection of Styrofoam Beads on Adapter of Hard Disk Drives, Suchart Yammen.
10. Inspection of Defect on Magnetic Disk Surface and Quality of the Glue Dispenser Route, Anan Kruesubthaworn.
11. Inspection of Granular Microstructure of FePt Film in Heat-Assisted Magnetic Recording Media, Paisarn Muneesawang.
About the Authors
Paisarn Muneesawang is Associate Professor of Computer Engineering at Naresuan University, Thailand. His current research interests include multimedia signal processing, computer vision and machine learning.
Suchart Yammen is Assistant Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering in the Faculty of Engineering, Naresuan University, Thailand. His current research interests include renewable energy, communication and control theory, signal processing, system identification and modeling.