Browse Titles by Subject
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering and Geomechanics
- Cognitive Science
- Computer Engineering
- Digital Signal and Image Processing
- Earth Systems – Environmental Sciences
- Ecological Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Fluid Mechanics
- Food Science and Technology
- Health Engineering and Society
- Information Systems, Web and Pervasive Computing
- Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Management
- Materials Science
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Mechanical Engineering and Solid Mechanics
- Molecular, Green, Medical and Pharma. Chemistry
- Nanoscience and Nanotechnology
- Networks & Telecommunications
- Numerical Methods in Engineering
- Science, Society and New Technologies
- Space Science and Technology
- Systems and Industrial Engineering — Robotics
- Waves and Applied Physics
Health Engineering and Society
Logistics Engineering and Health
This book presents the research that resulted from a fruitful collaboration between many CNRS research laboratories, health establishments and industrialists. This research contributes to the study and the development of logistical systems, in particular health-oriented logistical systems, in order to manage and optimize physical, informational and financial flows.
The authors examine optimizati...
Big Data and Ethics
The Medical Datasphere
Faced with the exponential development of Big Data and both its legal and economic repercussions, we are still slightly in the dark concerning the use of digital information. In the perpetual balance between confidentiality and transparency, this data will lead us to call into question how we understand certain paradigms, such as the Hippocratic Oath in medicine. As a consequence, a reflection on...
Health Industrialization Set
Since the advent of computerization, ICT has formed a large part of nearly every sector, with health and education being the only exceptions. In this book, the author explores the application of computer technologies in medicine and the potential for a new age of industrialization in health.
Many have pointed out the organizational and legal limits of this. However, since medicine’s aim is to imp...